By Peter C. Engelman
This narrative heritage of 1 of the main far-reaching social routine within the twentieth century indicates the way it defied the legislations and made using birth control a suitable social practice―and an important part of sleek healthcare.
• 15 pictures and pictures of the main avid gamers within the circulation and of key courses and contraceptive devices
• a specific bibliography and broad finish notes, supplying an up to date resource for fundamental and secondary fabric at the contraception movement
Read Online or Download A History of the Birth Control Movement in America (Healing Society: Disease, Medicine, and History) PDF
Similar medical administration & policy books
Based throughout the Civil conflict because the military clinical Museum, the militia Institute of Pathology (AFIP) accrued the world's biggest selection of human pathologic specimens and was once thought of a leading session, schooling, and learn facility by means of the tip of the twentieth century. Samples from the AFIP have been instrumental in supporting to resolve public wellbeing and fitness mysteries, resembling the series of the genome of the 1918 influenza virus that killed greater than forty million humans around the world.
From a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian comes a riveting historical past of latest York's iconic public clinic that charts the turbulent upward thrust of yank drugs. Bellevue medical institution, on ny City's East facet, occupies a colourful and frightening position within the public mind's eye: a den of mangled crime sufferers, vicious psychopaths, varied derelicts, lunatics, and exotic-disease victims.
Most folk this day have fun vaccination as a superb success, but many nineteenth-century american citizens hostile it, loads actually that states needed to make vaccination obligatory. In reaction, antivaccination societies shaped everywhere in the usa, lobbying kingdom legislatures and bringing complaints to abolish those legislation.
The switch from conventional methods of manufacturing and coping with healthcare prone to a just-in-time method calls for a brand new realizing approximately what provides worth for the sufferer or client, and what doesn't. Just-in-Time for Healthcare is meant to proportion robust wisdom that can assist you take part successfully within the swap to just-in-time.
- Readings in Global Health: Essential Reviews from the New England Journal of Medicine
- Projekt- und Potenzialentwicklung in Krankenhaus und Gesundheitswesen (Health Care - und Krankenhausmanagement) (German Edition)
- Übernahme und Gründung einer Arztpraxis: Entscheidungsfindung, Organisation, Kooperationen, EDV, Finanzen, Recht (Erfolgskonzepte Praxis- & Krankenhaus-Management) (German Edition)
- Clinical Audit for Doctors and Healthcare Professionals: A comprehensive guide to best practice as part of clinical governance (Progressing Your Medical Career)
- Emerging Infections in Asia
- Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers
Extra info for A History of the Birth Control Movement in America (Healing Society: Disease, Medicine, and History)
A History of the Birth Control Movement in America (Healing Society: Disease, Medicine, and History) by Peter C. Engelman