By B. Everill
Read Online or Download Abolition and Empire in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) PDF
Similar african history books
The African Diaspora provides musical case experiences from a variety of areas of the African diaspora, together with Africa, the Caribbean, Latin the US, and Europe, that have interaction with broader interdisciplinary discussions approximately race, gender, politics, nationalism, and music.
North African immigrants, as soon as limited to France’s social and cultural margins, became a robust presence in France’s nationwide existence. equally, descendants of immigrants from Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia have won mainstream attractiveness as filmmakers and because the topic of movies. the 1st collective quantity in this subject, Screening Integration bargains a sustained serious research of this cinema.
The Anglo-Zulu struggle of 1879 nonetheless intrigues either students and fanatics alike greater than one hundred thirty years after it used to be fought. Its tale includes tragedy, excessive drama and the heavy lack of human lifestyles; it concerned 5 significant battles and lesser fights; and resulted in the snuffing out of the direct male Napoleonic line of France.
Within the breaking point of Freedom David Kazanjian revises nineteenth-century conceptions of freedom by way of interpreting the methods black settler colonists in Liberia and Mayan rebels in Yucatán imagined how you can stay freely. concentrating on colonial and early nationwide Liberia and the Caste struggle of Yucatán, Kazanjian translates letters from black settlers in apposition to letters and literature from Mayan rebels and their Creole antagonists.
- African Film and Literature: Adapting Violence to the Screen (Film and Culture Series)
- The South African Intelligence Services: From Apartheid to Democracy, 1948-2005 (Studies in Intelligence)
- Völkerschauen in Europa (German Edition)
- Slaves, Freedmen and Indentured Laborers in Colonial Mauritius (African Studies)
- Zimbabwe. Von der Kolonisation zur politisch-konstitutionellen Dekolonisation durch das Lancaster House Abkommen 1979 (German Edition)
- A Line in the River: Khartoum, City of Memory
Extra resources for Abolition and Empire in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
Abolition and Empire in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) by B. Everill