By Anthony Ephirim-Donkor
Read or Download African Religion Defined: A Systematic Study of Ancestor Worship Among the Akan PDF
Best african history books
The African Diaspora offers musical case experiences from a number of areas of the African diaspora, together with Africa, the Caribbean, Latin the US, and Europe, that have interaction with broader interdisciplinary discussions approximately race, gender, politics, nationalism, and music.
North African immigrants, as soon as restricted to France’s social and cultural margins, became a robust presence in France’s nationwide lifestyles. equally, descendants of immigrants from Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia have won mainstream acceptance as filmmakers and because the topic of flicks. the 1st collective quantity in this subject, Screening Integration bargains a sustained severe research of this cinema.
The Anglo-Zulu battle of 1879 nonetheless intrigues either students and fans alike greater than one hundred thirty years after it was once fought. Its tale comprises tragedy, excessive drama and the heavy lack of human existence; it concerned 5 significant battles and lesser fights; and resulted in the snuffing out of the direct male Napoleonic line of France.
Within the breaking point of Freedom David Kazanjian revises nineteenth-century conceptions of freedom by way of reading the methods black settler colonists in Liberia and Mayan rebels in Yucatán imagined the right way to stay freely. concentrating on colonial and early nationwide Liberia and the Caste battle of Yucatán, Kazanjian translates letters from black settlers in apposition to letters and literature from Mayan rebels and their Creole antagonists.
- Imposing Wilderness: Struggles over Livelihood and Nature Preservation in Africa (California Studies in Critical Human Geography)
- SheMurenga: The Zimbabwean Women's Movement 1995-2000
- The Greatest Safari: In the Beginning Was Africa: The Story of Evolution Seen from the Savannah
- The Slave Trade and Culture in the Bight of Biafra
- Britain, France and the Decolonization of Africa: Future Imperfect?
- The Routledge Companion to Business in Africa (Routledge Companions in Business, Management and Accounting)
Additional resources for African Religion Defined: A Systematic Study of Ancestor Worship Among the Akan
African Religion Defined: A Systematic Study of Ancestor Worship Among the Akan by Anthony Ephirim-Donkor